Motoo Komoda is Senior Consultant, managing all room acoustics, sound isolation and noise & vibration control consulting services for Nagata Acoustics International. Mr. Komoda has over 25 years of experience in room acoustics, sound isolation and noise & vibration control and is an invaluable member of the Nagata Acoustics International team.
Mr. Komoda joined Nagata Acoustics in 1991 immediately following his academic studies. During his first ten years with the firm, he was acoustician and noise & vibration control specialist for more than 30 concert hall, theater complex and multipurpose facility projects. Since 2003, Mr. Komoda has served as the Chief Acoustician and Chief Noise & Vibration Control Specialist for over a dozen major projects in Japan, the U.S. and Europe.
Mr. Komoda studied electronics and communication engineering at Waseda University and graduated with a Bachelor of Engineering degree in 1991. At Waseda University, Mr. Komoda gained technical knowledge and problem solving skills that have been integral to his success consulting on projects with such a multitude of variables.
Mr. Komoda is an active member of the Audio Engineering Society. He also sat on an Architectural Institute of Japan committee that focused on publishing academic standards on design quality, and evaluation, of voice transmission. Mr. Komoda has given numerous presentations and lectures, as well as published papers for both technical and music industry professionals.
Among Mr. Komoda’s completed projects, some of the best known are:
- Walt Disney Concert Hall, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A. (2003)
- Mariinsky Theatre Concert Hall, St. Petersburg, Russia (2006)
- Danish Radio Concert Hall, Copenhagen, Denmark (2009)
- New World Center, Miami Beach, FL, USA (2011)
- Helsinki Music Center, Helsinki, Finland (2011)
- NOSPR Katowice Concert Hall, Katowice, Poland (2014)
- Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, Muriel Kauffman Theatre, Kansas City, MO, USA. (2011)
- Soka University Concert Hall, Aliso Viejo, CA, USA (2011)
- Stanford University Bing Concert Hall, Stanford, CA, USA (2013)
- Radio France Concert Hall, Paris, France (2014)
- Shanghai Symphony Concert Hall, Shanghai, China (2014)
- La Fondation Louis Vuitton, Paris, France (2014)
- Philharmonie de Paris. Paris, France (2015)
- Chapman University Center for the Arts, Orange, CA, USA (2016)
- Lotte Concert Hall, Seoul, Korea (2016)
- Elbphilharmonie, Hamburg, Germany (2017)
- La Seine Musicale, Boulogne, France (2017)
- Suzhou Chamber Hall, Suzhou, China (2017)
- Moscow Philharmonic Concert Hall, Moscow, Russia (2018)
- Conrad Prebys Performing Arts Center, La Jolla, CA, USA (2019)